July 09, 2010

Road Trip to the Redwoods- just Judy and me!!

On the way up, we stopped at Las Guitarras in Novato (my
brother-in-laws family owns this SUPER yummy restaurant) for some
carne asada with YUMMY sauteed onions and mushrooms
on top, YUMMY salsa and guacamole, beans, rice, and tortillas.
Mmmmmm!! I'm getting hungry!!


Judy with her plate- we got the same thing, both with
iced tea- YUM!!


The beautiful fountain with a sign for the famous BBQed oysters!


I wish the camera would have captured the lapis colored tile
in the fountain better.....so beautiful, just like Don Roga's
pool in Puerto Vallarta!


Passing the chaotic hecticity (yeah, I made that word up!)
of the city and heading out into beautiful country!


A shot of the grape vines- we were in wine country!


Into the mountains!



It is hard to capture the enormity of the Big Trees thru a
photograph.....I tried to get the street in for comparison.



Straight up into the treetops, far, far away!


She made me laugh cuz at first she stuck our her booty!!





Us!


Under the bridge....


The ground is so soft it's crazy not to go barefoot!


We were feeding Stellar Jays that were so beautiful
and hungry!!



Don't worry, it was sprouted grain bread!






Patrick's Point








To get down to the beach is a long way down and it
ends like this!


The beach was FULL of drift wood- I scored a couple
wands for the kiddos.



Spider web among the green.





The path going down to Trinidad Beach- my
personal favorite!



Trinidad Beach- I looooove it!!













Going home, after two days of bliss and peace,
in the Avenue of the Giants again.






Trillium will bloom soon!


Happy Redwood Sorrel



Tiny little brilliant flowers



The hills were covered in soft furry golden-ness. I was
wondering if all the hay fields that we were passing, seeded
and if they softness was hay?



Eel River



Rattlesnake grass


Isn't it gorgeous?



The drive thru tree!





Hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment